Monday, October 5, 2009

Blog Post #5

Hello,

I learned that obviously mating preferences are different between males and females but I found some interesting things. Males tend to be attracted to women who have waists that are roughly a third narrower than their hips. Which means that is a sign of future fertility. Males also like women who are younger. Women like men who tend to be more mature, dominent, and bold.

I also learned that each cultural groups evolve their own norms or rules for accepted and expected behavior. The British have a norm for orderly waiting in line. Cultures also vary in their expressiveness. If cultures collide there tends to be an arguement that causes invading of personal spaces.

I learned that another key period for sexual differentiation falls during the fourth and fifth prenatal months of the mother. The sex hormones wire and influence the fetal brain. Different patterns for males and female's develop. Recent research discovered that an abundance of sex hormone receptors contributed to the differences. Testosterone influences males while estrogen influences females. Females also have testosterone but not as much.

I though that the videos were interesting and long. The assignment nurture vs nature really made me think about wether our parents to explain the way we will be as adults. Personally, I think my parents make me what I am today. I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment