Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blog Post #11

Hi,

I think that I am easy to like and laid back. Five positive things about my personality are I am giving, loving, smart, willing, and understanding. I think I am those five things because I am always there for my family and friends. I am very understanding when mistakes or problems occur. I love to give. I think I am smart when it comes to solving problems Three negative things about my personality is that I can be very impatient, I worry alot, and sometimes I am very high strung. I get very impatient when things are not done right away and correct. I worry a lot about my future and others around me that I am very close to. I can be very high strung and nervous around new places or surroundings until I warm up to them.

I think I am optimistic or at least I try to be. I tend to think of the positive things. I am very open to new experiences. If anyone ever says anything bad about me I usually shrug it off and forget about it. I try not to care what other people think about me because I am not going to change who I am just to please them. This impacts my life because it enables me to get up every morning and go to school or work. For example If I get a bad grade on an assignment I tell myself that I can do better and keep my hopes up. Another example is if I am waiting for

One of my negative traits that changes is being high strung. Usually around new people or new places I tend to be nervous and not relaxed. But, when I get to know my surroundings or the people I became more open and relaxed. It benefits me because it allows me to get to know the person and how they think before I just jump into a relationship with them. It keeps me safe from possible problems. It helps me gain trust. Another trait that changes is my worrying. Sometimes it is good to worry because it helps you do better and succeed. Other times it is just nice to relax and not think about anything. I think that benefits me both ways because it helps me strive to be better and then when I change I am able to relax and take a break from everything around me.

When I was in volleyball I used to use sublimation to release my anger through an appropriate outlet by hitting the ball. It helped me release stress as well as improve on my volleyball skills. I think it helped from from freaking out over things by just releasing the stress right on the ball. Another defense mechanism I have used is denial. When my cat was seriously injured from being hit by a car, I knew deep down that she wasn't going to make it. I kept telling myself that she will be okay. All of her injuries will get better and she will be with us for many other years, but she didn't she died. I tried to use denial to cope with my feelings instead of just expressing them. Lately I have been using repression. I took a class this summer to become a certified nursing aid. I decided I did not like it but I have to take it in order to do a health connections program through the school. I have had many dates supplied to me in order to take the final test but I keep repressing them in my mind. I keep forgetting to sign up because I do not want to deal with the elderly when they are in the last stages of their life. I continually banish those thoughts into my unconscious mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment